Combine all ingredients in large bowl. Coat chicken well. Marinate in refrigerator for 3 hours. Then, either:
- Oven: Heat oven to 230°C / 450°F / Gas 8. Place the chicken in a casserole dish and bake for 1 hour in marinating mixture, basting occasionally.
- Barbecue: Place on the barbecue, turning regularly, until the chicken is thoroughly cooked through.
- 22nd November is Independence Day in Lebanon.
- Lebanon is derived from the word Lübnan, meaning white, which refers to the snow covered mountains.
- Arabic is the main language spoken in the Lebanon, followed by French.
- The Lebanese flag features a cedar tree.
- Lebanon is bordered by Syria, Israel and the Mediterranean.
- In ancient times, Lebanon was known as Phoenicia and was home to important seafarers and traders.