Orange Salmon Steaks
Season salmon steaks with salt and pepper. Blend juice and grated zest of ½ orange with butter. Cut remaining ½ into thin slices. Brush steaks with ½ of the orange butter. Set them on a greased grill, 3 or 4 inches from heat. Cook 5 minutes, until salmon steaks are brown. Turn and brush with remaining orange butter and grill 5 minutes more or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Garnish with orange slices. Serve with new potatoes and green beans.
- Alaska became the 49th state in the American Union on 3rd January 1959.
- Alaska has more coastline than the rest of the United States combined.
- It is the least densely populated state of the USA.
- Alaska is the largest US state. Its capital is Juneau.
- The population of Alaska is 683,478 – less than that of Leeds.
- The most westerly Alaskan island is only 3 miles from Russian territory.